Sunday, October 18, 2009

PPT Presentation on Honduras Mission Trip

I have just completed my PPT presentation assignment for BITE 5200. This was a fun project. I chose to chronicle my mission trip to Honduras. I had the privilege of visiting Honduras during the summer of 2008. A group from Princeton Baptist Church went to Tegucigalpa to work with local missionaries to complete the construction of a Sunday School building for a small village church. Doing this PPT presentation brought back many wonderful memories of my trip.

I believe anyone who has the opportunity to visit another country should seize that opportunity. Visiting another country helped me realize how blessed I am to live in the United States. The division between the rich and poor was much greater in Honduras. I learned that a middle class is basically non-existent but slowly emerging. There were so many squatters living in cardboard houses dotting the countryside. Even though the people our church worked with were very poor, they seemed very happy. I came to the conclusion that you never miss what you have never known!

1 comment: