Tuesday, October 27, 2009

How I feel about group projects!

I am pretty sure all of you have been assigned to complete a group project in school by now. How do you feel about group projects? I know the logic behind group projects is to learn to work on a team. But give me a break! All my team projects at work are so different than working with people I do not even know. In my BITE classes, obviously every student is a distance education student and lives across the entire state. So the only correspondence is via email. Going into a group project, no one knows each other's strengths and weaknesses. Some are good organizers, others good writers, and others can't seem to do anything! At least at work, we know each other and what we can each accomplish and tasks are assigned accordingly. Not so with group projects in BITE classes.

I am working on a group project this semester in another class and even though it is going pretty good, it is still very challenging to keep people on task and agree on some issues within the paper. At least when I work alone, I only have to answer to myself. That is why I really am enjoying this class. All the projects are personal creations of my own which allow me to express my creativity. I enjoy graphic design work, therefore, the projects in this class are enjoyable.

I hope everyone else is enjoying the class and doing well!

3 comments:

  1. I do not like group projects either! It seems everytime I do a group project there is somebody in the group that does not do their share of work. I feel like my grade is on the line so I end up working more to make up for them. Then they either get credit for work they didn’t do or I have to go to the teacher. I have a hard time telling on them when I tell my 5-year-old not to tattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im having the same problem right now in one of my BITE classes. Thats a good point about the difference in having group members from work and group members from distant education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Debbie. Group projects is no way near compared to working on a team like you do in your employment. It's great to know that someone else feel this way because I took a course that involved group projects and it was a pain sometime. It really depends on the project that is involved and the group of people you are teamed with. I hope everything went well for you on this project.

    ReplyDelete